Skip to main content

Fired Up: My Journey to Retiring Early with $380K Saved by Age 29

Super-saver Tanner Firl, 29, has saved close to $380,000 for retirement. He is part of the FIRE — financial independence, retire early — movement and has achieved his savings almost entirely through frugality. He estimates he is in the top 0.1% of most frugal people. Subscribe to CNBC Make It.:  About CNBC Make It.: CNBC Make It. is a new section of CNBC dedicated to making you smarter about managing your business, career, and money. Connect with CNBC Make It. Online Get the latest updates:  Find CNBC Make It. on Facebook:  Find CNBC Make It. on Twitter:  Find CNBC Make It. on Instagram:  #CNBC #CNBCMakeIt How I Saved $380K By Age 29 To Retire Early | Fired Up...(read more)
LEARN MORE ABOUT: IRA Accounts INVESTING IN A GOLD IRA: Gold IRA Account INVESTING IN A SILVER IRA: Silver IRA Account REVEALED: Best Gold Backed IRA
How I Saved $380K By Age 29 To Retire Early Retirement is a dream that many people aspire to achieve, but only a few manage to retire early. However, with careful planning and disciplined saving, it is possible to build a substantial nest egg and retire at a young age. As proof of this, I share my journey of how I managed to save $380,000 by the age of 29, allowing me to retire early and live the life of my dreams. The first step towards achieving this milestone was setting a concrete goal. I knew I wanted to retire early, so I started by determining the age by which I wanted to be financially free. Once I had a clear vision of my end goal, I calculated the amount of money I would need to retire comfortably. This involved estimating my annual expenses and factoring in inflation to ensure I would have enough savings for a comfortable life post-employment. With my goal in mind, I created a strategic savings plan. The most significant aspect of my approach was an aggressive savings rate. I decided to aim for putting away at least 50% of my income each month towards investments and savings. This meant making sacrifices and cutting back on unnecessary expenses, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make to achieve financial freedom in my 30s. To make the most of my savings, I educated myself about various investment options. I diversified my investments across stocks, bonds, and real estate, spreading the risk and increasing my potential for higher returns. It was crucial to ensure that my money was working for me, so I continuously researched and monitored my investments to maximize profitability. Another essential factor in my success was developing a frugal lifestyle. I lived well below my means and avoided unnecessary splurges. I focused on purchasing only what I truly needed and avoided frivolous expenditures. By practicing mindful spending, I was able to save more money and invest it wisely. While savings and investments were instrumental in my journey towards financial independence, generating additional income streams played a significant role as well. I started a side business and explored various passive income opportunities. These additional revenue streams provided a boost to my savings and accelerated the growth of my retirement fund. It's important to note that the journey to early retirement wasn't always smooth sailing. There were times when I faced setbacks and challenges. However, my determination and belief in my ultimate goal kept me motivated. I learned from my mistakes and adjusted my strategies accordingly, never losing sight of the bigger picture. By age 29, I had managed to accumulate a savings of $380,000. This achievement allowed me to retire early and pursue a life of freedom and fulfillment. Instead of being tied down to a 9-to-5 job for the rest of my life, I now have the opportunity to travel, pursue hobbies, and spend valuable time with loved ones. Saving $380,000 by age 29 to retire early is a significant accomplishment, but it is not an unattainable dream. With careful planning, disciplined saving, and smart investments, anyone can work towards financial independence and retire early. It may require sacrifices and a willingness to step outside your comfort zone, but the rewards are immeasurable. So start today, set your goals, devise a plan, and, most importantly, stay committed to achieving them. https://inflationprotection.org/fired-up-my-journey-to-retiring-early-with-380k-saved-by-age-29/?feed_id=135738&_unique_id=6501ed10a24fd #Inflation #Retirement #GoldIRA #Wealth #Investing #businesssuccess #careermanagement #CareerTips #CNBC #CNBCMakeit #Entrepreneurs #financetips #financiallyfrugal #FIRE #HowToMakeIt #lifehacks #MakeIt #ManagingBusiness #moneymanagement #personalfinance #Retirement #retiringearly #retiringon380K #salary #savingmoney #savings #smallbusinesses #StartingASmallBusiness #WorkHacks #VanguardIRA #businesssuccess #careermanagement #CareerTips #CNBC #CNBCMakeit #Entrepreneurs #financetips #financiallyfrugal #FIRE #HowToMakeIt #lifehacks #MakeIt #ManagingBusiness #moneymanagement #personalfinance #Retirement #retiringearly #retiringon380K #salary #savingmoney #savings #smallbusinesses #StartingASmallBusiness #WorkHacks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Is Birch Gold Group a Reliable Choice for Your 2023 Gold IRA Investments?" - A Quick Review #shorts

In this Birch Gold Group review video, I go over what makes this Gold IRA company unique, the pros and cons, their fees, minimums, and much more. Get their free guide here: 👉 FREE Resources: ➜ Gold IRA Company Reviews: Birch Gold Group boasts high ratings from consumer advocate groups. With an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau, a triple-A rating from the Business Consumer Alliance, and high marks from Trust Link, Trustpilot, and Google Business, Birch Gold is a top choice to trust your hard-earned retirement savings. Birch Gold Group’s low initial investment minimum is another edge it has over its competitors whose minimums can range from $25,000 to $50,000. A beginning $10,000 minimum investment is all that is required to start a GOLD IRA with Birch which is advantageous for first-time investors. Spanning nearly two decades, Birch Gold Group’s mission and philosophy focus on a commitment to understanding your needs and finding the right fit for you. Their

Should I Rollover My 401k to an IRA? YES! #shorts #retirement #financialfreedom

Should I Rollover My 401k to an IRA? YES! #shorts #retirement #financialfreedom Should I Rollover My 401k to anIRA 🤔 || 401k to IRA Rollover Pro's & Con's In this video, I want to talk about rolling over your 401k to an IRA Rollover and if that makes sense for your retirement planning . I want to look at the pro's to rolling over a 401k and also the con's to rolling over a 401k. When you should rollover your 401k to an IRA and when you should NOT rollover your 401k to an IRA. Let's talk about when you should NOT rollover your 401k to an IRA: 1. You are still working and are under the age of 59.5 2. You are 55 and considering retirement (Rule 55) 3. Increased creditor protection in a 401k 4. 401k's offer loans--IRA's do not offer loans Why you SHOULD rollover your 401k to an IRA 1. More investment choices in IRA over 401k 2. Lower investment fees 3. Convert IRA to Roth IRA (Roth IRA Conversion) 4. Consolidation from multiple 401k'