Skip to main content

dividend investing does not work (BECAUSE OF INFLATION)


Dividend investing simply does not work! With the historical rate of inflation hovering around 3% per year (looking at 1913 - 2013), inflation simply eats away at one's dividend income (since many stocks I buy pay a starting yield of around 3%). Just kidding! Of course this is not the case. However, I receive this comment all the time, and many people believe this myth. Today's video looks at dividend growth investing versus inflation and shows why dividend investing works despite inflation. Today's investing video gets a bit technical with some specific models. In an effort to make things simple (and based on long-time subscriber request), I'm thrilled to share with you my dividend investing Excel model today. You can download the model and follow along here: I start out today with a discussion of historical inflation. Personally, I think inflation is more in the 2% range. That said, I am willing to take 3% for the purposes of this video to be conservative. Next, I dive into several models that show why starting yield doesn't really matter. It's all about dividend growth investing (not just dividend investing). The key term here is growth. Yes, starting yields can get cancelled out by inflation (at least partially), but I'm in it for the dividend growth. Most of the companies I own have a track record of raising their dividends each year. And, when one compounds many years of dividend increases, inflation is left in the dust! I'm personally experiencing dividend growth that far outpaces inflation. Since my modeling is a little conservative, I next transition into some real world examples form my personal portfolio. I show some examples of recent dividend increases that are out of this world. With these types of dividend increases over time, inflation becomes a distant memory in the rear view mirror. Stocks covered include: Starbucks (SBUX), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), PepsiCo (PEP), Clorox (CLX), and McDonalds (MCD). Last, I dive into a topic that I think most investors miss. In my opinion, dividend investors (more so than anyone) face the opportunity to decrease expenses. They have the opportunity to experience budget deflation, making the concept of inflation even less significant. As humans, we tend to place roadblocks. We tend to get scared. In my humble opinion, it’s important to recognize inflation, but I certainly don't let it stand in the way of my dividend investing strategy. In terms of earning income to pay the bills, it really doesn't get much better than dividends, in my opinion. Want to learn more about yield on cost? Here’s my original video on yield on cost that started it all: Disclosure: I am long Starbucks (SBUX), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), PepsiCo (PEP), Clorox (CLX), and McDonald (MCD). I own all of these stocks in my stock portfolio. Disclaimer: I'm not a licensed investment advisor, and PPC Ian videos, Excel files, and content are just for entertainment and fun. PPC Ian videos, Excel files, and content are NOT investment advice. Also, I'm not a tax advisor and PPC Ian videos, Excel files, and content are NOT tax advice. Please talk to your licensed investment advisor before making any financial decisions. Please talk to your licensed tax advisor before making any tax decisions. All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC....(read more)



LEARN ABOUT: Investing During Inflation
REVEALED: Best Investment During Inflation
HOW TO INVEST IN GOLD: Gold IRA Investing
HOW TO INVEST IN SILVER: Silver IRA Investing
https://inflationprotection.org/dividend-investing-does-not-work-because-of-inflation/?feed_id=52718&_unique_id=63a5721c06e20 #Inflation #Retirement #GoldIRA #Wealth #Investing #compoundinterest #dividend #dividendgrowth #dividendgrowthinvesting #dividendinvesting #dividendinvestingdoesnotwork #dividendinvestor #dividendstock #dividendstocks #dividends #doesitwork #doesnot #growth #howtoinvest #howtoinvestinstocks #inflation #invest #investing #investingforbeginners #investingtips #investingvsinflation #investingworksheet #investment #investor #money #stock #stockmarket #StockTips #Stocks #Strategy #value #versus #vs #work #worksheet #yield #InvestDuringInflation #compoundinterest #dividend #dividendgrowth #dividendgrowthinvesting #dividendinvesting #dividendinvestingdoesnotwork #dividendinvestor #dividendstock #dividendstocks #dividends #doesitwork #doesnot #growth #howtoinvest #howtoinvestinstocks #inflation #invest #investing #investingforbeginners #investingtips #investingvsinflation #investingworksheet #investment #investor #money #stock #stockmarket #StockTips #Stocks #Strategy #value #versus #vs #work #worksheet #yield

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Is Birch Gold Group a Reliable Choice for Your 2023 Gold IRA Investments?" - A Quick Review #shorts

In this Birch Gold Group review video, I go over what makes this Gold IRA company unique, the pros and cons, their fees, minimums, and much more. Get their free guide here: 👉 FREE Resources: ➜ Gold IRA Company Reviews: Birch Gold Group boasts high ratings from consumer advocate groups. With an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau, a triple-A rating from the Business Consumer Alliance, and high marks from Trust Link, Trustpilot, and Google Business, Birch Gold is a top choice to trust your hard-earned retirement savings. Birch Gold Group’s low initial investment minimum is another edge it has over its competitors whose minimums can range from $25,000 to $50,000. A beginning $10,000 minimum investment is all that is required to start a GOLD IRA with Birch which is advantageous for first-time investors. Spanning nearly two decades, Birch Gold Group’s mission and philosophy focus on a commitment to understanding your needs and finding the right fit for you. Their

Should I Rollover My 401k to an IRA? YES! #shorts #retirement #financialfreedom

Should I Rollover My 401k to an IRA? YES! #shorts #retirement #financialfreedom Should I Rollover My 401k to anIRA 🤔 || 401k to IRA Rollover Pro's & Con's In this video, I want to talk about rolling over your 401k to an IRA Rollover and if that makes sense for your retirement planning . I want to look at the pro's to rolling over a 401k and also the con's to rolling over a 401k. When you should rollover your 401k to an IRA and when you should NOT rollover your 401k to an IRA. Let's talk about when you should NOT rollover your 401k to an IRA: 1. You are still working and are under the age of 59.5 2. You are 55 and considering retirement (Rule 55) 3. Increased creditor protection in a 401k 4. 401k's offer loans--IRA's do not offer loans Why you SHOULD rollover your 401k to an IRA 1. More investment choices in IRA over 401k 2. Lower investment fees 3. Convert IRA to Roth IRA (Roth IRA Conversion) 4. Consolidation from multiple 401k'